Wednesday, March 5, 2008
The God Particle
I thought this was an interesting article (and kind of hard to understand). If the "God Particle" does indeed exist and scientists managed to form it, it would be an amazing feat. I mean a particle 100 to 200 times the size of a proton would be a pretty amazing thing to produce. But that does not necessarily mean I agree with it, like Anita said in her post we would be putting millions of dollars into this project when there are people around the world that are starving. Also, what good would this particle do to us? I mean sure it would be cool and would help us understand our universe better, but what good would it be other that that. There is also a chance that it might not work, why spend so much money on something that could fail?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I understand your point. I think we have to put our priorities in order and then determine what we're willing to spend our country's money on.
I agree with you. We shouldn't be spending our countries resources on something that we have idea is going to work or not. I think our country should look into this further and make sure that all other needs(world hunger, roads, education, etc.) are taken care of before we invest our tax dollars.
good post.
Post a Comment