Sunday, January 13, 2008
Change and the Electromagnetic Force
Electromagnetic charge basically means that opposite charges attract. An example of this would be when the electrons and protons in atoms attract, because electrons are negative and protons are positive. I think Katie also put this one in her blog, but magnets either attract or repel depending on whether the two magnets are opposites of each other, or not. A real life example of electromagnetic force would be when you tear saran wrap off the roll it causes static electicity which makes the two sides want to attract and stick together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice rapunzel
I like your saran rap example but how does that work. What makes one side negative and the other posative?
i was about to ask the same thing as tara. what causes one side to be positive and the other negative?and what are your thoughts on like charges repel or what electromagnetivity has to do with change?
I think the saran wrap example is a great one 031093, but you might want to explain to your classmates. This might be a great opportunity for some googling!
Post a Comment