Tuesday, January 8, 2008
What Causes Change?
I thought that this question was hard, and changed my original thought after talking to my dad about it. I think that change is caused by environmental factors such as the sun, wind, and rain. The wind changes things as it blows them around. The rain and sun cause things to grow. Biological factors such as growth and disease also cause things to change. Humans, animals, and plants grow as time goes by. Disease causes living things to get sick and/or die, which changes the population of that particular living thing. So when things have environmental or biological factors working on them, it causes a change in some way or another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So basically, you're saying that biological and environmenal factors cause change. Isn't that the same as our surroundings causing change?
I agree on how you said the environment changes things. But you said that growth is a change from the environmental factors, and it causes change and is a biological factor. So I'm confused about that?
I think that what you said about how the environment cause change was really interesting.. by the way who are you?
I argee with the environmental part but i don't think it is the whole story for chaange, which I'm sure none of us will ever be able to think of let alone grasp the context.In Adam's blog (I can't remember which one) he said that it was because of new idea's which is in theory a complete contradiction to yours. Are you saying that they are outside of human control?
Kendall nailed it on the spot. None of us will be able to cover everything that causes change.
i agree with you when you said, "change is caused by environmental factors such as the sun, wind, and rain". that is very true for the examples you gave following the statement i quoted but outside of nature this theory does not always work. mr voight commented on someones post (i think it was beccas) and said, "We should be able to take this answer and find examples in politics, nature, economics, music, art, daily life, etc..." and with your reason of what causes change it cannot answer all of thoes things very well...i think. ok that wasnt a very good example. what about what tor said, "eating causes a change in your mass, walking causes a change in your location, and brushing your teeth causes a change in your oral hygine." most of thoes changes are not very well connected to the environment's controbution (sp?) of change. sorry if none of that made sense but i thought ide give it a shot.
well after reading everyones comments i thought up of a lot of stuff to say on rapunzels post. I think that environment and biological factors definitly affect change.I but there are also many other factors. I think that change can also be like a chain reaction. like when one thing changes it affects another thing and then it changes another thing and so and so on. What this "thing" we are talking about could be anything. But i also agree with what kendall said. She said that there are lots of causes of change and there isnt any possiblilty of ever finding out all of them. I agree with that because when you think about it the world is a really big place and everything is intertwined togehter to make a really complicated network. kind of like a map. you wouldnt be able to figure out everything.
Post a Comment