Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why do we learn science?

Science is an important part of our daily lives. Without it we wouldn't know much about the world around us. Without science we wouldn't have electricity and the nice houses we live in today. Science also is a great contributor to the medicines that make us well when we are sick. Science helps us investigate things that we observe with our senses (like it says in this link). Science also lets us know how things work, so that we can stay away from the things that are harmful to us, like Marta said in her blog. With science we can experiment on things that we would never have even known about without it.

It is important to learn science so that we can understand the world around us. Without science it would be hard to learn and make good decisions. Science is a fundamental and important part of our daily lives.

3 comments:

name said...

you have a very well thought through post. but i think it would be cool if you gave some examples on how science is part of everyday life because honestly, the ones i have read in other peoples blogs are not that good.

Anita said...

I have a example of science in everyday life. We use the scientific process almost every day when we make decisions. I can't think of any other good exammples now but it's a start.
Good blog by the way.

BVoight said...

I am not sure what to do with this post? I am at a loss for words. Overall, I think your response is fairly superficial. Consider what life would be like without science? Is science an inevitable discipline to be studied? What I mean is, could we eliminate science as a school subject but never be able to stop people from doing it?