Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

I agree with Mr.Voight that this topic is becoming too much of a political battle, and should wholly be based on science. But now my opinion on the topic. I do think that greenhouse gases are entering the atmosphere, and that could be a prime factor of global warming. But I think that it is more likely a natural occurrence, though there are many natural occurrences it could be. There have been times when the Earth has gone through dramatic climate changes like the ice age (cooling of the Earth) and the "warm spell" between ice ages (warming of the earth), that are kind of like what we are going through. It could also be the changes in the earth's orbits like the shape of the orbit and the tilt of the earth, that cause the Earth to get different amounts of sunlight at different times (to find out more click here). A change in the sun's intensity could also affect the sunlight received by the Earth, which can cause warming or heating. Just because I don't think that global warming is necessarily caused by humans (although we most likely contribute to it), I think we need to take precautions and try to fix what we are doing that could be harming the Earth.

6 comments:

Princess said...

I like the website you had your post linked to. I think with data like that that dates back to so long ago it shows that the earth is ever changing. Do you think that the problem will correct itself or that its beyond contol now?

031093 said...

I'm not sure, but I think we can affect it a little bit by taking care of our earth.
- Rapunzel

Rob said...

I also think global warming is becoming to much of a political battle. I think the politicians and the media should stay out of it and let the scientists do there work. I dont think the earths warming is do to a change in the suns intensity.

Anonymous said...

I like you you said you don't think it's our fault, but unless we "shape up" it's going to be our fault. At this point global warming may not necisarrily be our fault, but if we continue to treat the earth the way we have been it might be our fault in the future.

MkM said...

i like your post. I think its cool how you said that we may not be causing global warming 100% but we should take precautions so we don't harm the earth. I fully agree. I think pretty much everyone has spun global warming out of control. It seems that everyone is looking for something new and "scientific" to be afraid of. [Like the bird flu a couple years ago.]
Anyway nice blogging!

lalli pop said...

I really like your post on global warming. And forthe mos tpart iagree with you. science shoudlnt be politic. I also like your link.